A Conservative Voice
Melanie is a candidate to be your next Delegate from the 96th District in the Virginia House of Delegates. As your Delegate, Melanie will be a strong Pro-Life advocate, She will work to ensure our Second Amendment Rights are not infringed upon and will fight for lower taxes here in Virginia. Having previously served as a member of the Virginia House of Delegates from 2001-2007, she has a proven record on the issues most important to our community.
Melanie is currently a member of:
- Chickahominy Community Improvement Organization Advisory Board: Director
- Child Development Resources: Board of Directors
- Comte de Grasse Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution: Member
- Gloucester Mathews Care Clinic: Board of Directors
- Grove Christian Outreach Center: Board of Directors
- Guinea Jubilee: Board of Directors
- James City/Bruton Volunteer Fire Department: Volunteer Member
- York Ruritans: Associate Member
Melanie has a lifetime of service to our community
She has previously served as a former member of the York County Board of Supervisors and the York County Wetlands Board. As well as her service on the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation Board of Trustees, the Virginia Housing Commission, Colonial CASA Board of Directors, Hampton Arts Foundation Board of Directors, Peninsula Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, Virginia Air and Space Board of Directors, Newport News Educational Foundation Board of Directors, Gloucester Chamber of Commerce Treasurer and Board of Directors, Thomas Nelson Community College Educational Foundation: President of the Board of Directors (2011 & 2016), York County Boys and Girls Club, VersAbility Resources (formerly ARC of the Virginia Peninsula): Board of Directors and Virginia Living Museum Board of Trustees.
Former Delegate Melanie Rapp Beale served in the Virginia House of Delegates from 2001-2007. Prior to serving in the House, she was a member of the York County Board of Supervisors, a Teacher and a Republican Party Activist. She is employed by Dominion Energy as a Community Affairs Manager and has worked as an External Affairs Manager for the Eastern Region since 2008. Mrs. Rapp Beale has a Bachelor of Arts degree in International Culture and Commerce from Christopher Newport University and a Master's of Science in Education from Old Dominion University. She has participated in organized church missions to Russia, Kenya, and the Ukraine. Melanie Rapp married Timothy Beale in 2009 and resides in the Seaford area of York County with their two dogs Bessie and Mistletoe.
As Delegate, Melanie was the chief sponsor of:
- Virginia’s “Move Over Law”, which protect emergency responders on the side of the roadway;
- Virginia’s law to protect against price gouging after emergencies and natural disasters; and
- Bringing the gubernatorial inauguration to Williamsburg for the first time since Patrick Henry was governor.